Frequency Asked Questions
Glowing Lady Aesthetics
How long does the procedure take?
Between 2 and 3 hours.
Are the treatments painful? How will I know that my semi permanent make up is completely healed?
Everyone is different but discomfort is minimal due to state-of-the-art equipment and techniques.
How will I know that my semi permanent make up is completely healed?
In some cases you might experience flaky skin [which cannot be picked off] swelling and redness which must be treated with after-care cream. If you are in doubt you can always contact me for advice here
Will I be able to choose the colour?
Unlike choosing nail colour ,choosing colour for Semi Permanent Make Up is done as a partnership between the client and myself. Because of the long-lasting nature of Semi Permanent Make Up, the colour must suit your needs and style over a prolonged period.
How long does the Semi Permanent Make Up last?
The colour should remain visible from 1 to 3 years.This varies depending on your skin type, colour choice, lifestyle and age. For fresh looking Semi Permanent Make Up a colour boost is recommended roughly every 12 to 18 months.
How long does the healing process take?
Depending on the individual, it will take between 3 and 10 days.
What does the price include?
- Consultation + patch test
- Main treatment
- Colour boost between 5 and 6 weeks afterwards
- After-care instructions and cream
Will I still be able to daily make up?
Yes. Once the area is healed you can use any make up that you normally would.
When I decide to go ahead, is there anything I should not do before my procedure?
Semi Permanent Make Up normally required multiple application sessions.To achieve the best results you might be required to return for a complementary colour boost between 4 and 6 weeks after the initial application. Be prepared for the colour intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to 14 days.
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas might be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your enhancement.
- Do not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 2 days prior to your enhancement.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
- Keep alcohol intake to a minimum 2 days to prior to your enhancement.
- Do not use 1% Retin A skincare products close to the area to be treated for 6 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Do not use AHA skincare products close to be treated for 4 weeks for prior to your procedure.
- Avoid professional chemical peels close to the procedure site for 4 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Please be aware that the National Blood Service does not accept the donations of blood for 4 months after a Semi Permanent Make Up.
- Waxing and threading treatments should be preformed no less than 1 week prior your to your procedure.
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed no less then 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Electrolysis treatments should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Eyebrow tinting should be preformed no less than 4 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Eyebrow hair stimulating products should not be used for 4 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Botox in the brow region should be preformed no less than 2 weeks pre procedure.
- Eyelash tinting or eyelash perming treatments should be carried out no less than 2 weeks prior to your procedure
- Eyelash stimulating products should not be used for 4 weeks prior to your procedure.
- Artificial lashes should be removed 1 week prior to your procedure and not reapplied for 2 weeks post procedure.
- Do not wear contact lenses during or immediately following your procedure. Remember to bring your glasses.
- You may resume wearing your contact lenses 24 hours after the procedure.
Can I bring my friend/partner/child /dog /spider etc.?
Unfortunately due to health and safety and hygiene reasons clients must be on their own. And I hate spiders